ZBrush is the leading industry standard digital sculpting and painting software that provides you with access to diverse workflows and limitless creative possibilities.
Overview of Maxon ZBrush
Maxon ZBrush (formerly known as Pixologic ZBrush) is an innovative digital sculpting software that combines 3D/2.5D modeling, texturing and painting in a single suite. It offers the world’s most advanced tools for creating high-resolution models for use in movies, games, and animations. The program also known for being able to sculpt medium to high-frequency details, and can then be exported as normal and displacement maps.
ZBrush is a must have software by film studios, illustrators, game developers, animators, and other graphic artists. It offers the worlds most advanced tools for working with unlimited digital sculpting and painting. With many great features that have been developed with usability in mind, it gives all you need to quickly sketch out a 2D or 3D concept.
With this program, you can create realistic renders directly with lighting and impressive effects. It provides you with a set of powerful tools, customizable brushes, real-time environment, and extensive export options. The good thing about this software is the ability to maximize every power of your hardware, so you don’t need a high-end computer to use it.
The latest update features new Proxy Pose tool and Drop 3D function that diverse workflows and limitless creative possibilities. It provides a dynamic method for modifying the topology of models, and allows you to increase the density of meshes to maintain high-resolution details.
Key features of ZBrush
- Control interactive for increasing and reducing density in desired areas
- Dynamic tessellation sculpting workflow, simply brush across the surface
- Full metallic material management and caustic effects for realistic glass
- Importing and manipulating scan data and other high-resolution models
- Make multiple masking selections, detects and fills the selected areas
- Manage and control over modeling and visual representation of assets
- Over 400 sculpting brushes with no limitations on your creativity
- Paint virtual in a real-time environment with customizable brushes and texture
- Powerful tools to create stunning and impressive arts, 3D models and 2D images
- Provides new and exciting opportunities to create high-quality images
- Quick and efficient process for posing meshes composed of multiple parts
- Quickly and efficiently manipulate high-density mesh of your models
- Render high resolution images with fully GPU-accelerated support
- Super dynamic method for modifying the topology of models quickly
- Tools to sketch out a 2D and 3D, skeletal animation without skeletal rigging
- Create blend shapes and key frames for animation sequences, and more.
Technical details and System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10/ 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: 3 GHz octa-core or higher CPU
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 display (1920 x 1080 or higher recommended)
- Disk Space: 20 GB free disk space (SSD drive highly recommended)
- Graphics card: any graphic with OpenGL 3.3 or higher and Vulkan 1.1 or higher
What’s new in ZBrush 2023
- New more efficient non-realistic rendering in real-time
- New and exciting opportunities to create high-quality images
- New dynamic method for modifying the topology of models
- Importing and manipulating scan data and other models
- New light manipulation system, and other improvements.