VLC Media Player 3.0.18
VLC media player (commonly known as VideoLAN Client) is a free powerful multimedia player and streaming media server application that supports various audio and video compression methods, file formats, and streaming protocols.
Overview of VLC Media Player
VLC media player is a universal multimedia application and framework that plays virtually almost any audio and video file format, as well as the ability to play almost any type of streaming files and protocols. The program features a cross-platform multimedia player, also supports digital satellite channels, digital terrestrial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network.
VLC Media Player Portable includes a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries. Thanks to this feature you can play multimedia directly and avoid the need to find, and install additional codecs and plugins. Moreover, VLC also has its own protocol implementations, supports live recording, advanced finer speed controls, and more.
Main Features of VLC
- Better integration in and AirTunes streaming
- Customizable toolbars and scaling in fullscreen
- Instant pausing and frame-by-frame support
- Powerful live recording and finer speed controls
- RTSP Trickplay support and zipped file playback
- Play high-definition recordings of D-VHS tapes
- Supports all popular audio and video formats
- Generate a number of music visualization displays
- Systems codecs to support most video types
- Very intuitive and user-friendly interface (UI)
- And so much more.
Technical details and Requirements for VLC Media Player
- Operating System: Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10 (32-bit or 64-bit – all editions)
- Processor: Intel Pentium or above (multi-core is recommended for HD or above)
- Memory: 128 MB or faster RAM (more is recommended)
- Disk Space: 300 MB free hard disk space
- Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 display
What’s new in VLC 3
- Many new formats supported and improvements
- Dirac encoder and MP3 fixed-point encoder
- HD codecs (AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, etc.)