PixPlant is a 3D texturing software that allows you to transform common photos into seamless 3D maps, as well as edit textures and 3D maps.
Overview of PixPlant
PixPlant is an advanced 3D texturing software that aims to create and design textures and 3D maps from images. It includes everything you need to quickly transforms standard photos into tiling 3D maps in a straightforward environment.
PixPlant provides a comprehensive package of features suitable for any needs especially for professionals. The output textures can be used for any fields, including visual effects, architectural and interior design, 3D virtual prototyping, game development, and more. It allows you to adds unlimited materials for your projects, extract 3D maps from photos, import and export outputs in any formats, and more. Furthermore, the program also allows simplifying image preparation, work with a pixel editor, and edit 3D maps in an external program.
The latest version comes with many new features and improvements, including better stability and performance, many new 3D preview options, surface adjustments, new beautiful skins, and more.
Key Features of PixPlant
- Packing and exporting maps to popular 3D apps and renderers
- Transforming common photos into a seamless tiling texture
- Extracting 3D maps from photos for better quality extractions
- Create normal, displacement and specular maps for any 3D apps
- Fine tune 3D textures with an interactive parallax mapped 3D preview
- Remove unwanted tiling patterns and get rid of noticeable patterns
- Create textures with advanced straightening and seed pattern controls
- Highly automated and high performance with most textures
- Seamless tiling of synchronized maps from 3D scanner or photo
- Generate complete images or refine and expand existing ones
Technical details and System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10/ 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: 2 GHz or faster processor (intel or AMD)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Disk Space: 150 MB free hard disk space
- Graphic: Direct3D 11 compatible GPU
- Host: Adobe Photoshop CC/CS
What’s new in PixPlant 5
- New map export functionality with generic file-based presets
- New guide explaining map exports with improved algorithm