mIRC is a powerful and flexible internet relay chat application that enables you to chat, play, share, or work with others on IRC networks from all over the world.
Overview of mIRC
mIRC is a versatile chat client tool to establish contact with other users from around the world. It is a fully functional chat utility program with advanced functionality and extensibility with integrated scripting language. It provides a new, simple way to contact and communicate, and the fun of making new friends all over the world. This chat client program used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, and work with each other on IRC networks around the world.
mIRC has clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and extensible with additional support of scripting language. The program supports multi-server connections, IPv6, SSL encryption, file transfers, proxy network, and more. The integrated scripting language lets you create applications that can automate tasks and perform a wide range of functions from network communications, etc.
This application also includes flexible features to customize appearance and communication features. You can enable or disable some its features, including adding or removing certain aspects of your channel, set chat rules, etc. Moreover, with mIRC you can create special chat rooms for your group or community using your own server. This of course will make what is in the discussion safe because it is on a private network, or at least protected from unexpected malicious attacks.
Key Features of mIRC
- Full configurable fonts, colors and rich text formats
- Handy interface with user programmable UI / UX
- Powerful chat client program with dynamic support
- Programmable function keys, shortcut, and toolbars
- Simple and smart CTCP commands and events handler
- Super simple but powerful and safe built-in file server
- Simple, fully configurable ident and finger server
- Support for images, documents, wav and midi sound files
- UTF-8 support with font linking, and many more.
Technical details and System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10/ 11 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Processor: any CPU that can accommodate the system
- Memory: 32 MB RAM (more is recommended)
- Disk space: 10 MB free disk space
What’s new in mIRC v7.73
- Updated CA root certificates and OpenSSL library
- Fixed bug that caused the app to crash and freeze
- Extended SASL authentication to support IRCv3
- Added tool to switch bitmap to different formats
- Added new Z85 encode / decode switch support
- Extended handle 344 and different ircd formats