MathType is a powerful equation editor that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages and other documents.
Overview of MathType
MathType is the world famous interactive editor for math equations and chemical formulas. The application provides a rich collection of symbols and expressions, advanced ruler and automatic formatting, and batch equation export support. It enables the creation of mathematical equation, notation and formula for word processing, presentations, eLearning, web publishing, MathML documents, and more.
This equation editor works as standalone application on Windows and Macintosh, as well as plug-ins for Microsoft Offices and other applications. The program comes with an intuitive and full graphical WYSIWYG environment, supports copying to and pasting from any of markup languages. Moreover, MathType also supports equation numbering and formatting equations, copying and pasting HTML tags, and as well as TeX, LaTeX and MathML.
MathType Full Version integrates with some word processing apps including Microsoft office, OpenOffice, and more. With this program, you can create any type of equations with symbol, template, and command. Even more, you can create mathematical notation as easily as you would write math with paper and pencil.
Key Features of MathType
- Support for any math equations and chemical formulas
- Rich collection of symbols, templates and expressions
- Equations can be converted to and from LaTeX languages
- Supports copying to and pasting from any languages
- Automatically adds a toolbar and menu to Microsoft Office
- supports equation numbering and formatting equations
- Support for both Microsoft Office and OpenOffice application
- Automatic formatting that applies mathematical rules
- Batch equation export (EPS, GIF, WMF, PICT) from Word
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for virtually every tools
- Precise formatting ruler and advanced alignment options
- Hundreds more symbols and templates than equation editor
- Customizable interface, drag & drop, and unlimited undo & redo
- Extensive Unicode-based character database, and much more.
Technical details and System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10/ 11 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Processor: any processor capable running the system
- Disk space: 200 MB free hard disk space
- Host: Microsoft Office 2007 or above
What’s new in MathType 7
- Optimized support for Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Improved support for Microsoft Office 2007 – 2019
- Supports for the latest Office 365, and other features.