ChessBase is a standalone chess database program that provides engine analyses, containing the moves and recorded chess games all around the World, from beginner to grandmaster.
Overview of ChessBase
ChessBase is the ultimate chess database program that offers an extensive analysis of chess games from players, exercises, training and more. It’s not just a chess video game, it’s a powerful educational tool that lets you broaden your knowledge of the game of chess. The program provide analyses of games and perfect play in some endgames, and designed for all kinds of players, from amateurs to world champions.
ChessBase Full Version offers an extensive training and practice databases from openings, players and tournaments. You can export, print, and generates an analysis, annotates your game, merge games on-the-fly, and generate plans and other important game information from the database. It provides you tactical training exercises, monographs on famous players, and training for specific opening systems.
The latest version provides improved user experience, from new support for ultra-high-resolution 2D board to technical improvements that generally improve the program. You can smoothly manage your databases, interactive search mask, and immediately see in which games of the reference database this position fragment occurs.
Key Features of ChessBase
- Retrieve games according to openings, players and tournaments
- Generate tournament cross tables and full graphic statistics
- Shows all games with similar pawn structures, patterns, positions, etc.
- Annotate game, insert commentary, variations and diagrams
- Analyse positions simultaneously with several engines in parallel
- Generates an analysis tree that changes dynamically and easily
- Automatic analysis jobs for correspondence games, and more.
- Reference search for openings shows typical recurring endgames
- Extendable engine, merge games on the fly into an opening tree
- Print games in superb quality with diagrams and multiple columns
- Correspondence chess management with variations, and more.
Technical details and System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 8/ 8.1/ 10/ 11 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Processor: 2 GHz multi-core CPU (intel i3 or Ryzen 3) or higher
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- Disk Space: 4 GB free disk space
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 display
- Graphics Card: any graphics with 512 MB VRAM and DirectX 11
What’s new in ChessBase 17
- Crisp new 3D boards thanks to raytracing technology
- Generate a comprehensive openings report and games
- New single click publication of games on the Internet
- Other new features, bug fixes and tools improvements.