Altium Designer 23.6.0 Build 18
Altium Designer is a powerful computer-aided design (CAD) software package for printed circuit boards (PCB) design and visualization.
Overview of Altium Designer
Altium Designer is a “Swiss Army knife” for PCB designers that allows 3D editing of the board, schematic capture, and field-programmable gate array (FPGA) development. The program helps you to complete your entire design form schematic, PCB layout, harness design, and documentation. It integrates with several components data, and design made and changes can be instantly transferred to the FPGA or circuit level and vice versa.
Altium Designer is one of the most comprehensive PCB design system among electronics designers and engineers. The program offers comprehensive tools and modules to perform a wide range of design tasks. It is an efficient and modern electronic design software with advanced management, comprehensive data models, and support of electronic products.
This PCB design system application empowers engineers with a complete design environment to design and overview of every aspect of the PCB design process. Effortlessly create PCB designs and seamlessly connects you to every detail of the electronics design process from idea to manufacture. Moreover, Altium also allows to exchange projects to and from other apps such as NI Circuit Design Suite, DipTrace, Autodesk EAGLE, Proteus, etc.
Key features of Altium Designer
- All-in-one PCB design, MCAD, data management, and teamwork
- Intuitive, familiar schematic editing and library management tools
- Flexible 3D components, case assembly, and PCB clearances
- Analog and digital analysis editor with advanced signal editor
- Assembly many connected boards and device modules with ease
- Create circuit, layout, PCB board, design, and documentation
- Design visualizations with photo-realistic, 3D design environment
- Simplifies the footprint creation and PCB manufacturing preparation
- Easily place, connect, manage and move objects in various modes
- Extensive support 3D-model and easy to visually highlight problems
- Design, validate, and verify even the most advanced schematics
- Seamless interaction with mechanical CAD systems like AutoCAD, etc.
Technical details and System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10/ 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: 3.0 GHz multi-core or higher CPU (intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 5)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (16 GB or higher is recommended)
- Disk Space: 10 GB free hard disk space
- Screen Resolution: 1600 x 1200 display (2560 x 1440 or better recommended)
- Graphics Card: any graphics with DirectX 10 or above
What’s new in Altium Designer 23
- Adds simulation capabilities with new support for additional components
- New tools for precise harness cable design to reduce errors during assembly
- Additional viewpoint to enhance the presentation of harness components
- 3D wireframe view and ability possible to add models to connection points
- New ability to transfer and sync multi-board designs, and so much more.